LOOK HERE for recipes, quotes, music, books, environmental stewardship, faith, etc

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Thank you Providence Hall!

Nearly every Tuesday and Wednesday since January 13 of this year I have had the privilege of teaching the "Christian Foundations" class at Providence Hall. My time there came to an end today as the school winds down for Spring Break. A new instructor will be stepping into this position after they return - the school likes to rotate the instructor for this course, in order to expose the students to as many teachers and viewpoints as possible.

So I was actually fortunate to get to stay so long, and I am so grateful. I fell in love with the students & faculty at Providence, and I will always smile when I think of this group. I also many fond memories of Karate Kid ("wax on, wax off"), Daniel-San, GPMC (you KNOW who you are!), manuscript method, art projects at the desk in the hall, the "shuns," and my really fun subbing day in Humanities, where we took field trips to visit my Buddy scooter :)

I hope you learned a thing or two about leadership from our time in Philippians, and more about what you yourself believe from our time in the Apostles' Creed. I sure did!

To paraphrase the Apostle Paul from our study in Philippians,

"I want YOU to know Christ..."

Philippians 3:10


Great love to each of you. Thank you for allowing me to be part of your community for these weeks - thanks especially to Dr. Wilson for your help, and to all the faculty. You are so wonderful! I will come by to visit again soon.



P.S. This photo of Chad - he is laughing - not barfing :)











No comments:

Post a Comment