LOOK HERE for recipes, quotes, music, books, environmental stewardship, faith, etc

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Free Music for You... and a P.S.

Just got this link from Twitter (aren't I just so-o-o-o high tech) and it's a good one.

Go to http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=101438331 and get 10 free songs downloaded into your iTunes - a sweet sampler from the upcoming SXSW (South by Southwest) music fest in Austin, TX.

Groups I'm most excited about in this sampler... Avett Brothers, Blitzen Trapper and The Decemberists. But I also LOVE free music, so it's happy day all the way around. Try to follow SXSW - I hear about a lot of good music from podcasts I get from this festival.

Funny PS for the day: normally on Tuesdays and Wednesdays I teach at Providence Hall in the morning. But I got bumped today because they had a special speaker. When they asked me to adjust my schedule this week for this special speaker, I envisioned some great missionary or Christian athlete. The usual, right?

"So who is the special speaker?" I ask absent-mindedly as I'm checking my calendar...

"Dennis Miller."

I pause. I cannot have heard that right. Former-host-of-SNL-Weekend-Update Dennis Miller?? I ask again, and funny, I get the same answer. Yes indeed, turns out I got bumped by THE Dennis Miller. Could be my one brush with greatness. I say this Goleta youth pastor just squished six degrees of separation down to about... 2.5?

2 comments:

  1. kel i don't mind looking like you or posting like you. woot! (did you rss my site?) I'm going to listen to my 10 free songs while creating a logo masterpiece this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I'm embarrassed to say I haven't set up an RSS feed. I tried this one Google mini-program to get all my feeds in one place and I must not have done it correctly. My technology gifts have some definite limits. OK, lots of limits.

    ReplyDelete