LOOK HERE for recipes, quotes, music, books, environmental stewardship, faith, etc

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Parent Phorwarding Phenomena?

OK. To quote Ricky Ricardo, 'Splain it to me, Lucy!

Why do our parents love to FORWARD emails? Don't get me wrong.... I'm fortunate in that the majority of the emails my mom forwards are actually somewhat interesting - they are usually related to politics, cute animals and corny jokes.

But I guess I'm just thinking out loud here... why is it that she doesn't really send originally written emails? She primarily uses email to simply forward emails written by other people. And oh, it's my absolute FAVORITE when one of the people she's forwarded to (and yes, that is usually a bunch of her friends from college on up to today) hit Reply All. Yes sirree, good times indeed.

I have had four people tell me in the last two days - all different ages - that their parents do the same thing. And I wasn't polling - this came up in casual conversation.

In fact, these friends each have separate folders in their email programs set up specifically to store the forwards from their parents. So that when that parent calls to find out why they haven't "replied" to the email (and tell me why we would, since it's simply a FORWARD and not an actual piece of direct communication), they can go to the folder and say, "Oh yeah, Mom, here it is right here...." I swear that I do not have a separate folder for such things. I am a GOOD daughter.

I say it again: 'Splain it to me, Lucy!

But I cannot fight it. It is like taxes and gravity. So in the spirit of parent-forwarded emails, I must end today's post with the latest forward my mom sent to me this week. Yes, I sort of went pale when I saw the title... keep in mind it was from my 73 year-old mom:

"Pole Dance"


No comments:

Post a Comment