LOOK HERE for recipes, quotes, music, books, environmental stewardship, faith, etc

Friday, February 25, 2011

Rain Ramblings

I ran into this quote today, by Bono of U2. For more thoughts, go here:
My understanding of the Scriptures has been made simple by the person of Christ. Christ teaches that God is love. What does that mean?
What it means for me: a study of the life of Christ. Love here describes itself as a child born in straw poverty, the most vulnerable situation of all, without honor. I don’t let my religious world get too complicated. I just kind of go: Well, I think I know what God is. God is love, and as much as I respond in allowing myself to be transformed by that love and acting in that love, that’s my religion.
Where things get complicated for me, is when I try to live this love. Now that’s not so easy.”

No comments:

Post a Comment