However, that could be due to the fact there are so many other things to enjoy. I feel tremendously blessed and thankful.
Here's a list of things I'm enjoying of late. In no particular order...
- Cooking. I still shake my head when I say it, but with a broad grin. Me, the girl who flunked Home Economics in 8th grade, LOVES to cook. This week I made Pad Thai, Chiles Rellenos, Pesto out of Kale & Green Garlic. Like it was normal. Go figure.
- Bob's Red Mill Brown Rice Farina. Sort of a mouthful to say all that, but this stuff makes hot cereal a party in your mouth. Sure, it could be also due to the many add-ins that I will include: diced apple, cinnamon, a teaspoon of peanutbutter, a half cup of frozen berries... and today, just to show off, a small handful of fresh unsweetened coconut, topped off with some almond milk. Yeah.
- Silk Almond Milk. Speaking of... I'm telling you, if you haven't tried this stuff, jump in your car right now and get some. Thick, creamy, flavorful, low calorie... I prefer it to regular milk. Great for lattes, wonderful on cereal, perfect in smoothies. Rock on.
- Latest favorite read. I am so completely stoked on this book - Knowing Christ Today: Why You Can Trust Spiritual Knowledge by Dallas Willard. Profound thoughts that I haven't read anywhere else. Deep, powerful, life-changing.
- My housemate. She celebrated another birthday this week. I'm beyond blessed to know her and call her my best friend. Happy Birthday Ruth!
- The students and staff at Providence Hall. As the school approaches the end of the year, I want to rejoice at how much I love each person at this place. What a wonderful family. I had so many real, solid conversations this week.
- NBA Playoffs. I never said this wasn't going to be an eclectic list. "40 games in 40 nights." I dig it!! The Spurs vs. Suns game that I just watched was awesome. And I swear, Charles Barkley, Ernie Johnson, and Kenny Smith talking after every game? The best show on TV, bar none.
- Riding my bike. This month marks seven years that I have been riding my bike 4-6 times each week. And I still love it madly. As I was riding to meet friends for lunch on Thursday at Shoreline Cafe, I laughed at myself when I realized what a goofball I must have looked like as I grinned from ear to ear out of the pure joy of being able to ride to the beach on a balmy, sunny day. It just feels so dang good! My faithful steed, a Felt SR71, still rides like silk. Looking forward to many rides this summer.
- The soundtrack to Wicked. I heard an interview of Idina Menzel on NPR this week, and was reminded of Wicked. I am listening to the soundtrack like it's brand new. How fun is that? Popular ... I'm Not That Girl... Defying Gravity... For Good. Perfect awesomeness.
- Godly people. My work-related projects have got me going in several directions. But in every case, I am so impressed by the steady, selfless humility of the people I work with. I will not name them, but there are pastors and lay leaders all over the Western US who are laboring in countless ways that teach me daily. Thank you for what you are doing. I see you.