LOOK HERE for recipes, quotes, music, books, environmental stewardship, faith, etc

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Thai Peanut Sauce on Rice Noodles

I am enjoying so much good food these days... I'm eating strawberries and oranges nearly every day, making all sorts of dishes with seasonal vegetables like leeks, zucchini, arugula, garlic... revving up for even more fun stuff this summer!

Last night I pulled out every vegetable in my crisper: kale, celery, spinach, leek, carrot, garlic. I diced them all up, sauteed them in some sesame oil while I cooked some Trader Joe's Rice Sticks. I also diced up some tofu. Chicken would have been quite tasty as well.

Meanwhile, I quickly combined these ingredients on low heat in a saucepan:
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup water
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp lime juice
2 cloves garlic, minced and crushed
2 tbsp rice vinegar

Once the sauce had thickened and the peanutbutter melted, I whisked the sauce and let it cool a bit. Then I tossed the cooked noodles, the vegetables and the sauce, topped it all with some diced cashews, and was very, very content. Try it - you 'll like it! (P.S. I'm sure this sauce would be great on rice, or even with regular pasta... it was so good, not too sweet, but very flavorful)

No comments:

Post a Comment