It is not just good. It's not just really good. It is RIDICULOUS. I am in such a happy place right now.
And best of all, it's crazy simple. This has shot to the top of I-am-starving-and-need-to-make-something-fast list.
Thank you Vegetarian Times. Find the full details there.
- 8 oz. dry linguine (I used Trader Joe's Rice Noodles)
- 1/2 cup light cream cheese
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced and 1 Tbs. zest grated
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley (or fresh basil)
directions1. Cook linguine according to package directions in pot of boiling salted water.
2. Warm cream cheese, oil, and 2 Tbs. lemon juice in saucepan over low heat. (Do not let it get too hot)
3. Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup cooking water. Stir reserved cooking water into cream cheese mixture. Add pasta, lemon zest, and parsley; toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.