LOOK HERE for recipes, quotes, music, books, environmental stewardship, faith, etc

Friday, August 20, 2010

Claire Memorial Service Slideshow


Words cannot express the depths of sorrow and the heights of joy we rode today in our memorial service for Claire. As we said today at church, we had the unique honor of participating in a service that Claire designed herself in her last weeks of life on this earth. She wanted to give her friends and family one more gift. Isn't that incredible?

It is my understanding that we hope to be able to post links to an audio and video recording of the time for those who weren't able to be there. But for now, we do have a link for the slideshow (see below).

I cherished the many conversations I had today with those who knew and loved Claire. Time and again I heard of how special she made each of us feel. I do hope we can keep sharing those -- it will help us as we work through our grief in the weeks and months ahead.

I shared a message at the service, and here were my concluding words. Let's build on these memories, and rejoice at a life well-lived:

Claire had integrity; she was who she said she was. And who she was was a woman deeply in love with her Lord. We saw Him clearly alive in her life. So we do mourn the loss of Claire Michelle Carey today. And we wish she was still here with us... but even more, I think we wish we were with her, free and whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment