I just made it and oooooohhhhh baby! I have one great little lunch to take to work tomorrow -- scooping up this stuff with some FoodShouldTasteGood chips. O Happy Day!
Recipes for Green Beans: Frijole Mole
This recipe is from an inspirational book: Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver. You can eat this dip with crackers or in wraps. Make sure you steam the beans thoroughly.
- 1/2 lb fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 coarsely chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 hard-boiled eggs
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 to taste mayonnaise or yogurt
- Steam green beans until tender.
- Saute onions over medium heat in oil until transparent.
- Combine beans, cooked onions, eggs, basil, and lemon juice in food processor and blend into coarse paste.
- Remove puree to a bowl and combine with enough mayo or yogurt to hold mixture together. (Note from Kelly: I used Trader Joe's White Bean Hummus. Very good if I do say so myself)
- Add salt and pepper to taste.