LOOK HERE for recipes, quotes, music, books, environmental stewardship, faith, etc

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Holy Frijole Mole!

Got this recipe from Fairview Gardens, best darn CSA around. Using my green beans and fresh basil from the share I received this week.

I just made it and oooooohhhhh baby! I have one great little lunch to take to work tomorrow -- scooping up this stuff with some FoodShouldTasteGood chips. O Happy Day!

Recipes for Green Beans: Frijole Mole

This recipe is from an inspirational book: Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver. You can eat this dip with crackers or in wraps. Make sure you steam the beans thoroughly.

  1. Steam green beans until tender.
  2. Saute onions over medium heat in oil until transparent.
  3. Combine beans, cooked onions, eggs, basil, and lemon juice in food processor and blend into coarse paste.
  4. Remove puree to a bowl and combine with enough mayo or yogurt to hold mixture together. (Note from Kelly: I used Trader Joe's White Bean Hummus. Very good if I do say so myself)
  5. Add salt and pepper to taste.
(Last chime from Kelly: I cut this recipe in half - using only 1 egg - to make just enough for me. This made plenty. I'm not really into sharing....)

No comments:

Post a Comment