LOOK HERE for recipes, quotes, music, books, environmental stewardship, faith, etc

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Summer Selections

It's a bee-YOO-ti-ful day outside, and I plan on enjoying it very soon. But I wanted to check in and shoot off my mouth a bit about things that I really like.

Please feel free to share your favorites as well.

Life is good, full of small and sweet pleasures that I enjoy...

  • Date Almond Rolls with Coconut from Lassens Foods
  • Organic Strawberry Spread from Costco on Brown Rice Cakes (don't knock it till you try it)
  • Avocados - at any time of day
  • Bike rides -- to the Mission, Lake Los Carneros, Campus Point, on errands
  • Scooter rides! especially with a friend in back, feeling summer on your face
  • Andy Shauf - sort of a cross between Sondre Lerche (Dan in Real Life soundtrack dude) and Sufjan Stevens
  • Tour de France on TV in the morning while I am drinking coffee and eating breakfast
  • The Book of Joshua
  • Fresh produce from Fairview Gardens -- strawberries, yellow squash, basil, cucumbers, tomatoes

But as for me, it is good to be near God. I have made the Sovereign LORD my refuge; I will tell of all your deeds. (Psalm 73:28)

Thanks for being part of my grace-filled life. Feel free to share your own top summer selections.

No comments:

Post a Comment