LOOK HERE for recipes, quotes, music, books, environmental stewardship, faith, etc

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Pascal Rocks My World

I read a small section by him today. These two passages stood out:
The God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, the God of Jacob, the God of Christians, is a God of love and consolation, a God who fills the souls and hearts of His own, a God who makes them feel their inward wretchedness and His infinite mercy, who unites Himself to their inmost spirit, filling it with humility and joy, with confidence and love, rendering them incapable of any end other than Himself...

The God of Christians is a God who makes the soul perceive that He is her only good, that her only rest is in Him, her only joy in loving Him.
(Blaise Pascal)

I am thankful that I grow in hunger for Him. As Pascal writes, He is my soul's only good...

I pray for the perseverance to seek after Him most and first, rather than the success of this world.
The fear of human opinion disables;
trusting in God protects you from that.
(Proverbs 29:25)

1 comment:

  1. Good ol' Blaise. Maybe I'll name my firstborn after him... boy or girl.

    ReplyDelete