LOOK HERE for recipes, quotes, music, books, environmental stewardship, faith, etc

Monday, April 13, 2009

New Music Monday + Odds 'n Ends

I'm going to pump up my newest music website fave again - Brite Revolution. You can join for $5/month, and then download a bunch o' music from solid artists, many of whom I really like. I'm doing my April shopping, and it's good stuff from some of my standby favorites:
  • Andrew Osenga
  • Randall Goodgame
  • Caedmon's Call
  • Andy Davis
Plus I just took several songs each from two guys I'd never heard before that struck my fancy:
  • John Moessner
  • Griffin House
Yes, my tastes can tend to run with sort of folkie, indie, lots of piano and guitar, lyric-heavy music -- but there are other options available if you like a different sound.

By far, the best thing about this site is that a portion of your $5 monthly fee goes to support social justice causes like International Justice Mission, Compassion International, Invisible Children, Save Darfur, etc. Each artist gets to pick the cause their music will support, so you get a peek into what they care about. It's all good.

Odds 'n Ends... In no particular order....
  • Pondered this in the line at CVS today as I picked up my prescriptions: Why do men's ears grow so much bigger as they get older?
  • My housemate captured this photo while I reading my Bible on Saturday morning... yes, it's true... I'm a Cat Lady. It's hopeless.

3 comments: