LOOK HERE for recipes, quotes, music, books, environmental stewardship, faith, etc

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Maundy Thursday

First two quotes taken from Christian Quotation of the Day

Meditation:
[Jesus:] "I have told you these things, so that in me you
may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take
heart! I have overcome the world."
-- John 16:33 (NIV)

There remains for us only the very narrow way, often
extremely difficult to find, of living every day as though it
were our last, and yet living in faith and responsibility as
though there were to be a great future.
... Dietrich Bonhoeffer (1906-1945)

Don't brashly announce what you're going to do tomorrow;
you don't know the first thing about tomorrow.
...
Proverbs 27:1 (The Message)
This is liberty: to know that God alone matters.
...
Donald Hankey

I am grateful that my life in this season is taking me a few inches closer to understanding some of these words and living more deeply in the truth of them.

May your Easter celebrations surprise you. Enter them expectantly.

No comments:

Post a Comment