LOOK HERE for recipes, quotes, music, books, environmental stewardship, faith, etc

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Fabulous Online Concerts - don't pass it up

I know it's not Monday, but I was not in a space to talk about music earlier this week.

Anyway, I cannot keep this news to myself. If you enjoy some of the newer music out there, or want to hear more of it in an uninterrupted way, go to this link for All Songs Considered - Live Concerts.

It is like Christmas every day. These are solid recordings of live concerts by tremendous musicians - M. Ward, Neko Case, Mates of State, Thao, Blitzen Trapper, Blind Pilot, The Decemberists, The Avett Brothers... incredible. We all know that live concerts capture qualities in the music and in the performers that cannot be reproduced in a studio... I cannot believe we can get this for free.

I'm listening to Vienna Teng right now - if you like unadorned piano work and a unique female voice, along with tremendous lyrics, tune in. Glorious.

PS Don't miss out on the All Songs Considered website itself - plus subscribe to the podcast on iTunes. With the search function you can plug in the artists you're interested in and find past concerts, interviews, reviews, etc. It's like Christmas... Eve?

1 comment:

  1. Haha...thanks for the e-mail alert :)
    I have dabbled with these free concerts many a time before actually...one of my all-time favorites is Nickel Creek. SO GOOD.

    Thanks for the reminder though! :-D

    ReplyDelete