LOOK HERE for recipes, quotes, music, books, environmental stewardship, faith, etc

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Thursday Recipe

I've gotten some feedback that my recipes are a hit, so here's my weekly Fairview recipe. It is VERY good. (But then again, why would I post a recipe for something that tastes lousy...)

JAPANESE NOODLES with BOK CHOY and TOFU
1/4 c soy sauce
2 tb balsamic vinegar
2 tb honey
2 tb sesame oil + 2 tsp oil
2 tsp cornstarch (OK, this sauce is awesome - use it for any stir fry)
8 green onions, chopped (optional ingredient)
2 large garlic cloves, minced
1 tb fresh ginger, minced and peeled
1 head bok choy - bottom third discarded, leaves sliced and diced (not too small)
12 oz extra-firm tofu, cut into cubes
12 oz package udon noodles or linguine, freshly cooked

Fry up tofu in skillet over medium heat with 2 tsp oil.Whisk soy sauce, vinegar, honey, only 1 tb oil and cornstarch in small bowl to blend. Keep turning them over in skillet till edges are a little crusty. Set aside.

Heat remaining tb of oil in wok or large pot over medium heat.

Add onions, garlic and ginger and stir 30 seconds. (Ginger might spatter, be careful). Add bok choy and saute until it begins to wilt, about 2 minutes.

Mix in tofu, then noodles, then soy mixture. Stir until sauce thickens and coats noodle mixture, about 1 minute. Season with salt and sesame seeds.

2 comments:

  1. I think folks can respond to the recipes because they are real . . ! And the quotes are way deep. I suppose one could respond to the deep quotes as, "ditto!" "good word", "I wish I wrote that!" So did you start this blog recently?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, you're right. In fact, you're the second person to tell me that today! I started the blog just recently.

    ReplyDelete